New Build Housing Development, Portobello Way – Gateshead Council LES
BCE Northern Ltd was engaged by Gateshead Council Local Environmental Services Department to undertake the external footprint works to a New Build Housing Development situated at Portobello Way, Birtley.
The Scope of Works carried out between July and October 2011 involved the:
- installation of the foul and surface water drainage to the properties
- connection to the existing outfall mains, gas, water and electric utilities
- trenching and ducting works
- excavation to reduced levels and importation of fill materials
- formation of carriageways, footways, car parking and hard landscaping works
- kerbing and paving works
- construction of a retaining wall feature
All work was undertaken to a tight completion programme and delivered successfully on time and to the project budget.