Photo by QE Gateshead NHS Trust
QE Facilities is the Estates Management company formally the NHS Foundation Trust. They have the sole responsibility to deliver new construction projects and maintain the existing infrastructure and buildings of the Queen Elizabeth and Bensham Hospital complexes in Gateshead.
Over the last 15 years BCE has carried out various projects at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Gateshead. The Hospital Estates Department is responsible for the infrastructure of a very busy expansive site with a constant flow of patients, visitors, emergency and non-emergency vehicles to the hospital.
During this time, we have built up and maintained a working partnering arrangement with the Trust. Our company work with the estates management, architects, engineering staff and other stakeholders to deliver new construction projects whilst maintaining the existing infrastructure to an extremely high operational standard.
Both of these sites are main hubs of Emergency Care and Outpatient Treatments and operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The very nature of the site, improvements and investments in the hospital infrastructure and the constant general usage results in many opportunities for new build projects as well as ongoing maintenance and repairs.
Some projects completed for QE Facilities to date include:
– QE Hospital Tarmacadam surfacing to access road, waste compound, maternity and pathology
– Bensham Hospital Car park surfacing and repair/replacement of manholes
– Moss Heaps Construction of Staff Park & Ride Car Park
– QE Hospital Children’s unit access repairs
– QE Hospital Alteration to Tranwell Unit car park to form additional 14 parking spaces
– QE Hospital Car Park 1 access ramps and pedestrian crossings
– Bensham Hospital Underpinning works
– QE Hospital Construction of Emergency Care layby, car park 1 pedestrian crossings and associated landscaping
–Dunston Hill Hospital Electric cable trench
– QE Hospital Scheme 3 ductwork and drainage
– QE Hospital Installation of pre-formed concrete troughs
– QE Hospital Emergency dig down, burst water main
– QE Hospital Scheme 3 disabled access modifications
– QE Hospital Car Park 1 patch repairs
– Bensham Hospital Access Road Repairs
– QE Hospital Embankment retaining wall reinforcement and landscaping works
– Bensham Hospital Car parks A, B & C resurfacing
– QE Hospital Main entrance door repairs
– QE Hospital Boundary wall demolition
– Estates Department Yard drainage and service duct installation
– Bensham Hospital 125 Nr additional car parking spaces, associated drainage and attenuation works